Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City will respond to this request within ten (10) working days.
By clicking I agree, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be "Signed" in the sense of a traditional paper document and 2) By signing in this alternate manner, you agree that your electronic signature is valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature.
I further understand that there is a fee charged per request to cover the cost of reproduction or copying, see charges on the back. *I request (select one):
The City of Wilmer endeavors to comply with Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code. As a matter of law, some information is not covered under the public information legislation, or is subject to some specific exception. Charges for public records are governed by the Texas Building and Procurement Commission. Public information maintained by the City at the time of the request that is not otherwise excepted by law will be copied and/or made available for inspection. If an Attorney General’s Opinion is requested to determine if requested information is public, you will be notified within ten (10) days of receipt of the request.
*Exclusions: Per Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code, the city is prohibited from releasing some types of information. In an effort to expedite your request, categories of information may be excluded/redacted from the requested records like the following: Citizen’s dates of birth, driver’s license, social security number, relating to pending investigation or prosecution, license plates, criminal history, victims of sexual assault/harassment, medical information.
(Subchapter F of the Public Information Act, Sections 552.261 through 552.275, generally provides for allowable charges for copies of and access to public information.)
(1) Standard Paper Copy. The charge for standard paper copies reproduced by means of an office machine copier or a computer printer is $0.10 per page or part of a page. Each side that has recorded information is considered a page.
(2) Nonstandard Copy. The charges in this subsection are to cover the materials onto which information is copied and do not reflect any additional charges, including labor, that may be associated with a particular request. the charges for nonstandard copies are:
(B) Magnetic Tape—Actual Cost;
(C) Data Cartridge—Actual Cost;
(D) Tape Cartridge— Actual Cost;
(E) Rewritable CD (CD-RW)—$1.00;
(F) Non-Rewritable CD (CD-R)—$1.00;
(G) Digital Video Disc (DVD)—$3.00;
(H) JAZ Drive— Actual Cost
(I) Other Electronic Media— Actual Cost;
(J) VHS Video Cassette—$2.50;
(K) Audio Cassette—$1.00;
(L) Oversize Paper Copy (E.G.: 11 inches by 17 inches, Greenbar, Bluebar, not including maps and photographs using specialty paper)—$.50;
(M) Specialty Paper (E.G.: mylar, Blueprint, Blueline, map, photographic)—Actual Cost
(3) Programmer. —$28.50 an Hour.
(4) Labor Costs. Labor charge for locating, compiling, manipulating data, and reproducing public information. —$15.00 an Hour.
(5) Overhead Charge. 20% of the charge made to cover any labor costs.
(6) Miscellaneous Supplies. The actual cost of miscellaneous supplies, such as labels, boxes, and other supplies used to produce the requested information.
(7) Postal and Shipping Charges. The actual cost related to postal or shipping expenses which are necessary to transmit the reproduced information.
(8) BODY WORN CAMERA RECORDINGS. The charge for obtaining a copy of a body worn camera recording shall be:
(A) $10.00 per recording responsive to the request for information; and
(B) $1.00 per full minute of body worn camera video or audio footage responsive to the request for information.
(See 0CC. Code § 1701.661(g). Section 70.13 of Title 1 of the Texas Administrative Code)
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field