What licenses and permits do I need?

The City of Wilmer does not issue or require a "business license."

You will need a certificate of occupancy for your place of business (contact the city's Building Inspections Division, 128 N Dallas Ave., 972-441-6373). If you are working out of your home, you may also need to obtain a certificate of occupancy.

For food establishments, a health permit is required.

For alcohol sales, an alcohol permit is required.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find a site in Wilmer for my business?
2. How do I get a “Certificate of Occupancy” (CO)?
3. How do I register my business Name?
4. What licenses and permits do I need?
5. Does the city offer grants or loans to businesses?
6. Do I need a sales tax permit?
7. Who handles taxes on business personal property?