Mobile Food Vendors
For questions regarding Mobile Food Vendor to visit with Dallas County Environmental Health Division.
All vendors must also abide by the City of Wilmer Ordinance regarding the placement and times they can be at when operating in the City of Wilmer.
City of Wilmer Code: The applicant agrees:
1. All vehicles used in such vending service shall obey all traffic laws. Violation of traffic laws, including but not limited to driving or parking such vending vehicles on the wrong side of the street, shall be grounds for revocation of the permit.
2. All vehicles and other equipment used in the food service business shall be inspected and approved by the county health department or county health officer prior to issuance of any permit and shall be subject to periodic health inspections as deemed necessary by the county health officer. A permit shall be subject to immediate revocation upon recommendation by the county health officer. Such revocation may be made permanent or may be made temporary, pending correction of the condition causing the revocation and the health officer’s recommendation that the permit be reinstated.
3. Vending vehicles shall limit the use of belts, music or other attention-getting devices so as not to disturb the peace and tranquility of persons living or working within the area being served. Failure to do so, based upon complaints received by the city, shall be grounds for revocation of the permit.
4. All peddlers who offer food in any form to the public shall, before a permit is issued, obtain any applicable food establishment permit.
5. Sound devices prohibited. No canvasser, solicitor or peddler, nor any person acting in their behalf shall shout, make any cry out, blow a horn or whistle, ring a bell or use any sound device, including any loud speaking radio or sound amplifying system upon any of the streets, alleys, parks or other public places of the city, or upon any private premises in the city where sound of sufficient volume is emitted or produced therefrom, to be capable of being plainly heard upon the streets, avenues, alleys, parks or other public places, for the purpose of attracting attention to any goods, wares or merchandise which the licensee proposes to sell.
6. Use of streets. No peddler shall have any exclusive right to any location in the public street, nor shall any peddler be permitted a stationary location, nor shall he be permitted to operate in any congested area where his operations might impede or inconvenience the public. Operate in residential areas only during daylight hours.