Mission Statement & Vision
As members of the Wilmer Fire Department, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life of the community we serve through the protection and preservation of life, property, and the environment.
It is the responsibility of each member to support the mission by subscribing to the following values.
For the Community
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
- We value the faith and trust of the community, and continually work to deserve that confidence through our attitude, conduct, and accomplishments.
- Lives are more valuable than property.
- The safety of the public is of paramount importance, followed closely by the safety of our members.
- All members of the public are entitled to our best efforts.
- We will faithfully provide prompt, professional, and courteous service.
- We recognize that we are a service provider and shall stand ready to provide fire suppression, prevention and education services, rescue and emergency medical services as well as emergency management activities.
For the Department
- We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Honesty, fairness, and integrity will not be compromised.
- We continually seek effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
- Unity and teamwork are stressed as being to our mutual advantage as individuals and as an organization.
- Members are continually encouraged to improve themselves as individuals and employees.
- The free exchange of ideas is encouraged.
- We are sensitive to changing community needs.
- We will strive to maintain our skills and knowledge through training.
- We will remain vigilant and prepared to respond to the needs of our members, our families and the community we serve.
"To move into the next century providing the finest in fire and EMS services by operating from modern facilities, utilizing the most effective vehicles, tools and equipment, providing our highly trained firefighters with state-of-the-art gear/clothing and creating a work environment conducive to the highest standards of morale, safety, and professionalism."